Ruiz Neurosurgery Clinic, PC
Dr. Henry Ruiz, is board certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery. He has been practicing Neurosurgery in Gadsden, AL since 1984.
- 1962-1965 B.S. College: University Michoacana, Morelia, Mich. MEXICO.
Majors: Psychology, Spanish Literature, History and Philosophy
- 1967-1971 Medical Education: Facility of Medicine, University Michoacana,Morelia, Mich. MEXICO
- 1971-1972 Pre-Graduate Rotary Internship: Mexico Institute for Social Security (IMSS), Morelia, Mich. MEXICO
- 1972-1973 Pre-Graduate Medical Social Services: Compulsory for the Mexican Government. Psychiartric Hospital, Morelia, Mich. MEXICO
- May 31, 1973 M.D. Diploma: Graduation as a Doctor in Medicine, Obstetrics and Surgery, Morelia, Mich. MEXICO
Post Graduate Education:
- 1975 Junior House Physician. St. Luke's Hospital, London, England
- 1977-1978 Surgical House Physician (Intern) South Miami Hospital, Miami, FL
- 1978-1979 General Surgery Resident. The Jewish Hospital. Cincinnati, Ohio
1979-1984 Neurosurgery Resident. The University of Tennessee Neurosurgery Program and affiliated hospitals: Baptist Memorial, Methodist Central, John Gaston City, LeBonheur Children's and Veteran Administration, Memphis, Tennessee
- 1968-1973 Professor of Clinical Psychology, University of Michoacana, Morelia, Mich. MEXICO
- 1970-1973 Head of EEG, Psychiatric Hospital, Morelia, Mich. MEXICO
- 1974 Doctor in Tropical Medicine and Surgery. Sainte-Croix-Leogame Hospital, Port Au Prince, Haiti, W.I.
- 1976-1977 Cruise Ship Physician. Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. Miami, FL
- 1984-1998 PRIVATE PRACTICE IN NEUROSURGERY. Northeast Alabama Neurological Services, Gadsden, Alabama
- 1998 - Present PRIVATE PRACTICE IN NEUROSURGERY Ruiz Neurosurgery Clinic, Gadsden, Alabama